Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ciao! Pizzzaaa!

Its 12.40pm. Lunch time.

I had nothing from the morning so I could not work anymore without something in my stomach. So, for the first time I checked out the menu of Commons (medical center dining area). Water side..expensive, Sushi..naaa, Hugo's taqueria...not now, ciao! pizza!...YES YES. Thats what i am looking for. Hello! Pizza!..I am coming. On my 14 seconds journey of 11 floors, i had these mouth-watering thoughts..courtesy: Papa John's, University drive, College station (i miss it :( ).

Commons is usually pretty busy at this time, but there is nobody at Ciao!. I am lucky. So I reached the counter as fast as I could.

And in thick-accented English:

Q: Can I hv two slices of veggie pijja.. (oops! i am supposed to say peeet-jaa)
A: She scratched her head. Twice.

I am enough to guess that she dint understand my question but understood that I am damn hungry.

I must help her. My accent got better now (it happens if i want to). Repeat. Communication succeeded. She has only spinach kind. "Sure", I said. (I would eat anything right now).

I don't usually ask too many questions on food. But i guess, due to my thoughts about Papa john's, I asked about crust selections they have. Reply: "we have the best!". Excellent. She passed the box to me which is closed. I couldnt see the slices. Paid. Table with a good view of water falls.

Now is the moment. I opened the box. NOWAY!!!. The slices look like they have been air-dried from a long time. I saw 3 and 4 big, dry green spots on them. It is spinach. I must eat this and I started. The 'best crust' is the hardest crust i ever had. After few hard bites I finished it. I understood why there is nobody at the counter during the busiest time.

Goodbye! Pizza! Never to return!

Ciao means either hello or goodbye. But for me its goodbye for Ciao! Pizza!

-Hari

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice dude.... really going gr8... keep continuing d blogs...!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey common dude.. its humorous but i personally don't think our college peetzza is that bad! what say you?